Values and Principles
Photo courtesy of Kathy Richland Photography
A reputation can take a lifetime to earn and only seconds to lose. Since the inception of William Harris Investors over a half century ago, a member of the Harris family always has run the family office, thereby ensuring its steadfast adherence to a handful of core values and guiding principles, including:
- A culture that demands from its employees and rewards adherence to the highest standards;
- A pledge to keep our clients and their best interests at the "front of the line";
- A determination to provide our clients with good value for the fees they pay;
- A recognition that our reputation and the quality of our workforce are our greatest assets, with a commitment to maintain both;
- Placing a premium on thoughtful, intelligent, disciplined investing, with a healthy respect for the size, complexity and potential volatility of the investment markets;
- The staunch protection of the privacy of our clients' affairs; and a determination to enable our clients to sleep well at night.
WHI is extremely selective in the people it hires, and we set extremely high expectations for our employees. In return, we are committed to providing them with a sense of ownership, authority, trust, intellectual fulfillment and accountability in their everyday responsibilities, thereby nurturing an environment that breeds employee loyalty. In an industry plagued by employee turnover and inconsistency WHI prides itself in its ability to keep talented employees for many decades, and to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients. This contributes meaningfully to our ability to grasp the subtle needs of our clients and to understand the nuances of their financial affairs.
From our mission statement to our internal ethics committee, and from our trading guidelines to the details of our employee manual – we insist that our employees adhere to the highest levels of integrity, discretion, fairness, and transparency in all that they do, and that they maintain an unwavering focus on the people they serve.